Friday, October 8, 2010

Going crazy over frozen yogurt


When you are extra cautious about your health yet you want something good after have a meal, try the frozen yogurt.

Yogurt is a dairy product by bacterial fermentation of milk. They are are basically thick in mixture I couldn't resist to eat yogurts especially after having a heavy meal. In the first place, it proves that it helped me for a better digestion.

This dairy product is known thousand of years ago and is also popular for its nutritional contents like calcium, protein, riboflavin, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12. Though it has nutritive values, some are not still convinced to take eat yogurts because of its sour-sweet taste, or it is just their preference.

Nowadays there are a lot of ways to enjoy yogurt; from its unflavored state to an ice cream.

One Saturday lunch, my workmates and I decided to take a lunch at the Harbour's Square, CCP in Pasay City, Manila. There's a bunch of good restos. We had our lunch at the Pancake House.

After having our meals, we ordered their Gurts - or more popularly known as frozen yogurts. Gurts are ice cream made of yogurts; instead of using the traditional ice cream ingredient or mixture, they use yogurts and froze them. They include toppings such as ripe mangoes, strawberries, chocolate chips, syrups. You can decide for your own topping. Otherwise they also have presets for Gurts.

I ordered a preset. I just forgot the flavor. Either a black forest or a choco fudge. I can't remember. HAHA! 

The taste? Perfect! For me it is because they did not veer away from the original taste of yogurts - the sour sweet taste is still there.

There's a lot of way to enjoy yogurts! Frozen yogurts as a dessert, for me, is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment